Exclusive info from NDA release Feb 12/02/2013

MyLastDart

<a href="http://mylastdart.blogspot.co.uk">The Off
Feb 12/03/2013: Exclusive info: Inspired by Fan feedback and Mods - The new Vortex Discs offer Trick Shots and allow fans to further customise the blaster to your style of play. You could have the same 5 Vortex blasters but all completely behave differently due to the different Trick Shot discs (XLR Quickshot, XLR Sidewinder+++).

Can't say any more than that right now. Waiting for more NDA stuff to be cleared.

Enjoy! How will this affect your game? Is this something you expected? Let me know! need your feedback!

(To confirm, the Quickshot is increased speed shots. The Range is increased range and accuracy (sniper if you will) and Sidewinder is for the hit and run strafe Nerfers (much demanded infact). The other Disc types I cannot disclose).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zappes

noch neu dabei
To be honest: This sounds like total crap. There's exactly one trick that I expect from my discs, and that's flying as far as possible with as little deviation from a straight flight path as possible. The only type of ammo I'd find useful would be discs with a velcro rim that can be used like tagger darts, but I imagine that this wouldn't be a good idea as far as aerodynamics are concerned.

If Hasbro wishes to extract additional funds from me after I've bought a blaster, they shouldn't sell crappy "trick shot" ammunition. They should give me the option to buy shoulder stocks and big magazines.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Naramag

noch neu dabei
I'm not very fond of disc blasters, I rather like the "traditional" dart blasters. When the Vortex Series was annouced, I wasn't excited at all, even more, it kept me at bay.
The compatibility of the Elite Series with the old N-Strike Series (with few exceptions) is a thing I value. But I don't look at it with a simple blaster war-point of view, but with LARP in mind. So compatibility is my number one priority. I have that with Elite and N-Strike, so all I need now is customization options. I would like to buy some Stryfe blasters, get a barrel extension and shoulder stock for it and like equipt a full squad with identical weapons for reasonable costs

Hannes

Angehender Modder
Well, well. Sounds at least interesting.
I'm curious what those "styles" will be. The only thing i can imagine right now is a specific kind of drift to the side (left, right, maybe also up and down?). Maybe different materials to influence the "bounciness" of disks hitting a wall. That alone would be... well kinda lame.
I'm mostly on Zappes side in this regard. I've got no Vortex Blaster myself and this discs don't make it anymore interesting for me to get one...

sofa, so good
Hannes

Pyragonman

noch neu dabei
Think it's a good idea. Tagger Vortex would be great, also I have some time to think if this could work. Unfortunately Revonix has also again no stock! The 20's magazine is not yet appeared ... that would be an opportunity for Haspro, 20 magazine with different vortex ...

Zappes

noch neu dabei
Or the 20 disc mag as a stand-alone upgrade, just like the 10 disc mag you can buy today. THAT would be great. :)

MyLastDart

Think it's a good idea. Tagger Vortex would be great, also I have some time to think if this could work. Unfortunately Revonix has also again no stock! The 20's magazine is not yet appeared ... that would be an opportunity for Haspro, 20 magazine with different vortex ...

No comment, NDA

MyLastDart

Well, well. Sounds at least interesting.
I'm curious what those "styles" will be. The only thing i can imagine right now is a specific kind of drift to the side (left, right, maybe also up and down?). Maybe different materials to influence the "bounciness" of disks hitting a wall. That alone would be... well kinda lame.
I'm mostly on Zappes side in this regard. I've got no Vortex Blaster myself and this discs don't make it anymore interesting for me to get one...

sofa, so good
Hannes

To confirm, the Quickshot is increased speed shots. The Range is increased range and accuracy (sniper if you will) and Sidewinder is for the hit and run strafe Nerfers (much demanded infact).

Nachtmahr

Lernender Modder
To confirm, the Quickshot is increased speed shots. The Range is increased range and accuracy (sniper if you will) and Sidewinder is for the hit and run strafe Nerfers (much demanded infact).

This is in fact very interesting!
The reduced speed of discs in comparison to darts is one of the major disadvantages of the Vortex-Series. If they manage to get even close to dart-velocity, Vortex will gain a big advantage and loose its restriction to close combat (because you could dodge to easily on long range).

I was not a fan of the Vortex-Series until I managed to reproduce Bobololos Nitron-mod and found out how easily Vortex-Superclips can be build. If this mod is combined with raised disc velocity... OMG! Now I am really excited! :D

Zappes

noch neu dabei
I imagine prowling the corridors of our office building, holding my trusty Praxis with a mag that holds 20 ludicrous speed discs(tm). Oh, that would be really, really nice. For me. Not for the others.

Stefan

Ask me about Blasters!
No, it's the actual English spelling of Nürnberg: Nuremberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (though Wiki is not the most quotable source of all, but well, I'm a Bayreuth university graduate ;-) )

Ups, and I in particular should know better: Back to topic, gentlemen!

As I'm already posting, my two cents: Maybe that whole "do tricks" thing, Hasbro started in the Pyragon commercials is what Vortex was missing so far. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there will be any Hasbro Games boxes in the future combining both lines, similar to Cuponk back in 2011 that was build on doing tricks with table tennis balls. Still being skeptical, I'm happy that the line isn't just dropped but improved. Great to hear.

Nachtmahr

Lernender Modder
When I read the word "trickshot" the first thing that came to my mind were those things they do on Snooker- or Pool-tables.
The second was "What the hell shall that be good for in a nerfwar?!?" With images of discs doing loopings and bouncing off 5 walls in a row in my head...

Now I really hope those discs can fulfill the expectations, because Vortex really needs a boost.

Being blasted

Du bist Dartblaster Fan? Dann lass' dir blasted.de nicht entgehen!
Wir sind die größte deutsche Community rund um Nerf und Dartblaster-Modding.
Finde tausende Anleitungen für Mods, Hilfe bei Problemen, Antworten auf deine Fragen.
Verpasse keine Neuigkeiten aus der großartigen, bunten Welt der Schaumstoff-Guns.
Die Mitgliedschaft im Forum ist kostenlos und die Community freut sich auf dich!

Noch Fragen? Dann kontaktiere uns. Wir sind nur ein bisschen verrückt. ;)

Get blasted

Oben Unten